CRUISE PREPARATION TRAINING PROGRAM FOR WAITER
The Certificate program for Cruise Preparation Training for Waiters is for the duration of 3 Monthsand can lead you, upon its successful completion, to be hired by a River or Ocean Cruise Line.
The course is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in the hospitality operations part of a cruise, as well as providing an essential understanding of elements relating to life and work on a cruise ship. In addition to being introduced to the wider world of the cruise industry, its history, players, customers, regulations, concerns such as safety, security, professionalism etc., students will be studying specialist operational elements such as reception, guest service on board, food and beverage service onboard different vessels and products, food and wine knowledge and pairing, continental food and beverages.
The course is headed by an experienced and accomplished professional in hospitality operations on board cruise lines but t will also include guest lectures by cruise industry professionals to ensure an engaging delivery of the latest knowledge and issues in this exciting field.
Aims and Learning Outcomes:-
The aim of the course is to prepare students for employment in the international cruise ship industry. The necessary practical skills are developed to ensure that students are able to operate quickly and competently within a cruise ship hospitality environment.
On the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Use technical and inter-personal skills and knowledge to propose and evaluate practical and theoretical solutions to complex problems in the core areas of cruise ship hotel operations.
• Apply principles and practices of hospitality operations on board.
• Identify and respond appropriately to the diversity that prevails within the cruise ship industry in relation to its stake holders.
• Evaluate and analyse the skills and knowledge needed for successful work on board and work towards a continuous development of their skills and knowledge .
• Analyse and evaluate the defining characteristics of cruise ship hospitality as a phenomenon.
• Analyse and evaluate the impact of international tourism on the cruise ship industry, and hospitality operations management in particular.
• Have a solid understanding of food and beverage operations onboard a cruise line and the expectations of knowledge among their crew members.
• Have solid knowledge and skills about continental food and beverages, different menus and concepts and services.
• Be able to up sell products in both food and beverage sector.